As well as making charitable donations to the local community, HB Schutzbekleidung also supports international projects. For example, last winter the nursery school in Madan received 200 new quilts thanks to the money that HB Schutzbekleidung had donated to the Bulgarian arm of its business. The children were delighted with their cosy and colourful new presents, which were completed in November in time for the start of the cold season.
- HB donated 180 pieces of winter and cold protection clothing for the Koblenz homeless initiative "Kältebus".
- HB donated 2,000 euros to support the rescue of the Neuwied animal shelter, which had been threatened by insolvency.
- HB supports the rescue action of 11,000 turtles that have been found in a private house on the isle of Madagascar. This unbelievable high number of animals needs to be helped with emergency care and transported urgently.
- Again we donated winter clothes for the charity organisation "The Box" just as parkas, trousers, socks, shoes and gloves. All together it amounted to a palette of 16 large boxes. "The Box" provides people living on the street with warm clothes and hot drinks during winter.
- We continue supporting a protection programme in Indonesia for the green sea turtle – our trademark and symbol of protection – in order to help to preserve our Earth‘s biodiversity. Our logo demonstrates our long-term connection to the sea turtle.
- Donation for disabled children in Rudozem (Bulgaria) in order to provide modern instruction and learning material.
- we donated 150 winter garments to the "Cold Bus" in Koblenz which provides people living on the street 3x per week with clothes and hit drinks during winter.
- In Cesky Krumlov (Czechoslovakia) we support a foster institution that offers learning and handcraft courses for children and teenagers.
- In small villages in remote areas of Macedonia, people have been provides with firewood thanks to our donation.
- HB helps to save 4.300 Palawan-Turtles that have been found on a truck intended to be transported to the TCM market in China. They are only still 5.000 of these turtles living on earth.
- Donation to the Red Cross in Macedonia that supports several charity projects in the country for old and ill people.
- In Vanazdor (Armenia) we supported disabled persons, employees of our armenian production facility.
- In Ohrid (Macedonia) our donations reached poor old people that have been provided with blankets, food and warm clothes as well as children and poor families that have been invited to a large new years breakfast with gifts.
- In Völklingen we have donated 600 hi-vis reflective vests for children to kindergardens in the town in order to improve the situation of the most weak traffic participiants.
- In Madan (Bulgaria) togehther with our bukgarian production facility, we provided a kindergarden with 200 blankets.
Even though the winter has so far been rather restrained in terms of sub-zero temperatures and snow, it is still too cold outside for homeless people, especially at night. Therefore Klaus Berthold has decided to donate clothing to the Koblenz homeless initiative "Kältebus" again.
The street worker who picked up the clothes from us in Dernbach was very happy about this and thanked the HB colleagues for their generous donation.
The 15 large boxes just fit into the vehicle provided by the Rotary Club Koblenz for the transport.
Sabine Krämer and the HB Logistics Team in Dernbach packed 180 pieces of winter and cold protection clothing and handed them over to the charitable organization "Die Schachtel" on January 30. The organization sends the "Kältebus" on tour three times a week to provide the homeless with hot drinks, sleeping bags and warm clothing.
So the HB donation with numerous fleece jackets, trousers and winter jackets comes just in time.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
In February 2019, HB Protective Wear donated 2,000 euros to the Neuwied animal shelter, which urgently needed financial support for its continued operation.
Klaus Berthold had heard about the difficulties of the animal shelter from the press and did not hesitate for long. "After reading the urgent appeal for donations, I wanted to help the people, but of course also the animals, immediately," emphasized the entrepreneur and owner of HB Protective Wear. "After all, the plight of the animals is ultimately man-made, because for many abandoned and suffering animals, the animal shelter is the last resort. There is a home for animals that previously had no home."
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
At the end of December 2016, we donated 150 garments like parkas, fleece jackets and trowsers, underwear, socks and shoes for the “Cold Bus”. Three times per week he provides people without home and which are permanently living on the street with blankets, clothing and warm drinks.
In 2015 we supported again 3 charity projects in Macedonia: the youth center, the public library and – most important – people living in lonely areas: they were provided by the Red Cross with blankets, medical and hygiene goods and food.
In 2015 Hb helped to save 4,300 turtles to starve to death: They were found on a smugglers transporter with destination to China for the market of traditional medicine. There are supposed to live 5,000 of these turtles in total on earth.
Support of a Special Education Center
In 2015 a special education center in Cesky Krumlov, a small town near our Czech production facility was happy to receive a donation. They offer education, sports and creative workshops for children and teenagers.
In 2014 we donated 1,000.00 Euro for the support of disabled persons that are working for our production facility in Vanadzor.
In 2013 we supported three charity projects:
- From late summer to winter the Red Cross provided 85 people needing help in Ohrid and Debcra with food, blankets and warm clothes.
- Two humanitarian non-profit organisations in Ohrid which take care of disabled children, received surprise gifts and flu vaccinations for the childs.
- A New Year’s party with breakfast and gifts has been organised for families with their children.
The amount donated paid for 250 new mattresses for the children's beds.
Presentation of a cheque to Mr Adon Bakalov, Chairman of the Association of Parents of Brain-damaged Children with Sensorimotor Disorders.
HB provided kindergarden and school with of 600 reflective vests. The vests put the youngsters in a much stronger position on the road and improve the safety of the most vulnerable road users.